Monday, February 10, 2014

Let's be real.

The realness of infertility is this:
It's terrible.
 
The past couple of weeks have been very difficult and I really haven't dealt with it at all so, I am going to be vulnerable and honest right now because that is what my heart needs.
 
I ache all over, in many different ways-physical, mental, spiritual and I feel so broken. Broken in a very whole way, if that makes sense. I can get through a day surrounded by people and be just fine, hang out with friends without shedding a tear, and spend time with Seth and family with joy in my heart. I can enjoy life, laugh daily, and pray intentionally and know that God has a beautiful plan but for some reason, I can't get rid of the continually dull and sometimes intense pain in my heart.
I try to be thankful every day because God chose me for this journey and he chose Seth to go through it with me but, the heaviness I feel is overwhelming and being thankful is at times something I no longer know how to be.
 
Infertility is such a mental battle, something that must be fought every single day but there are many days when I don't have fight in me. I just feel so tired of the unknowns, tired of feeling guilty, tired of  feeling lost, I am just so mentally tired. I long to be a mother, oh my heart, I ache for it. My heart breaks thinking about precious children without love and care and I cry out to God to show me how I can be the one to love them, cherish them, and give them the love that I have always had. I know how special a relationship is with a mother because I have that, my momma is my best friend, role model, mentor, fashion expert, fitness guru, and a completely irreplaceable part of my heart. That is what I want for myself. I feel so selfish at times because there are so many who go through similar journeys but, I can't help but want to throw myself on the ground and yell out "WHY ME, GOD?!?!?!"
 
 I feel like I fail every single day.
 I eat to fill voids so, I haven't lost the weight.
I think about the future so much that I forgot to enjoy the present.
I know how good God is but, I still feel sad.
I know that being a momma doesn't define me but, it's all I dream of.
 
I have heard stories about incredible woman who only showed courage and faith during journeys similar to mine. Woman that only had a smile and never once doubted that they would be a mom. They only have good days and never shed a tear to anyone.
 
I tried so hard to be that woman, a woman who never had a doubt or a tear. A woman that had so much courage that nothing could ever tear her down but then I realized how unreal that is.
God has laid it on my heart to not make light of my journey.
I love Jesus so much but I still get really sad. I trust in his plan but my flesh still doubts.
 
The realness of infertility is this:
it's terrible but, doable.
 
"God can't give us more than we can handle" is something that I and many others always say.
What we should really say is this:
"God DOES give us more than we can handle but, he CAN handle it for us, if we let him."
 
Through my brokenness and pain, I must say, even though it may not seem like it, I have joy.
I know that my heart is shaping to be something great, my pain is making me compassionate
 and my journey is letting me love others far more than I could ever imagine.
God is good all the time.
 
 
 
xo, Courtney Beth
 
 
The pain that you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming.
Romans 8:18
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment